Mayorkas on the Hot Seat
For the month of March, the majority of EB-5 related news revolved around a report released by the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Inspector General. The EB-5 related report focused on three separate cases, involving major Democrats, in which Alejandro Mayorkas “created an appearance of favoritism and special access.” For more information, we invite you to read our article titled EB-5 Related Report Issued by DHS Inspector General.
Upcoming Stakeholder Meeting
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) scheduled their upcoming EB-5 Stakeholder Engagement Teleconference for April 22, 2015. Click here to access the meeting invitation.
To register for this session, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the USCIS registration page to confirm your participation
- Enter your email address and select “Submit”
- Select “Subscriber Preferences”
- Select the “Event Registration” tab
- Be sure to provide your full name and organization
- Complete the questions and select “Submit”
Once the USCIS processes your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with additional details.
EB-5 Processing Times
On March 6th, the USCIS posted the average processing times for the Immigrant Investor Program (IPO) as of January 31, 2015.
- I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, currently has an average processing time of 14.2 months.
- I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions, currently has an average processing time of 12.3 months.
- I-924, Application for Regional Center Under the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program, currently has an average processing time of 11.7 months.
Share with the World