The following is an overview of the required I-829 Petition supporting documents, as outlined by the official USCIS website:

  1. Investment

    Evidence that you in fact invested in a new commercial enterprise. This evidence may include, but is not limited to, copies of the business’ organizational documents and federal tax returns.

    Evidence that you have invested or are actively in the process of investing the total amount of required funds.

    Evidence that you have sustained your investment in the new commercial enterprise throughout your two-year period of conditional permanent residence. This evidence may include, but is not limited to, the following:

    • Business invoices and receipts
    • Bank statements
    • Contracts
    • Business licenses
    • Audited or reviewed financial statements.
    • Complete copies of federal or state income tax returns or quarterly tax statements
  2. Job Creation

     Evidence that you created or will create within a reasonable time 10 full-time jobs for qualifying employees. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to:

    • Business payroll records
    • Relevant tax documents
    • Employee Forms I-9
  3. Job Preservation – Troubled Business

    The same documentary requirements for job creation mentioned above, except that the investor must show that he or she has maintained (not created) the number of existing employees at no less than the pre-investment level for the period following his or her admission as a conditional permanent resident.

    Note: To be approvable, at least 10 jobs must be maintained.

    Note: Regional center-affiliated cases must show that the capital investment was made in accordance with the regional center’s business plan in order to be credited with the preservation of indirect jobs.

A Special Note on Dependents: Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may be admitted to the U.S. with you on a two-year conditional period. If your I-829 Petition to Remove Conditions is approved, the conditions will be removed from your spouse and children’s Green Card status. As lawful permanent residents (i.e. Green Card holders), your spouse and children will be authorized to work or attend school in the U.S.

For more up-to-date information please visit the official USCIS website.